I am a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist in private practice in Santa Cruz, California. I believe that healing is an active process and as a therapist, I am honored to be a part of that journey. I enjoy the challenge of creating new avenues of success in my client’s lives. Through my work, I have witnessed clients’ relationships, family life, personal happiness and professional lives improve as they are able to delve into what is holding them back. There is often a strong connection between our personal and professional successes. If one is able to target and identify the underlying theme to our struggles and find new ways to integrate our experiences into the present, the possibilities for growth and change are endless.
As a therapist, I work collaboratively and draw from a full range of life experiences adding depth to my work. I am a mother, wife, friend, daughter, business professional and athlete. I believe in firsts, failures, attempts, falling and most of all, getting up again. I love to cook and believe an amazing meal shared with friends is a great antidote to a tough day. I value humor and know that we need humor to balance the hardships in life. I believe in your innate ability to heal yourself, and I will help you access the tools so you can lead a healthier more joyful life.
A few more details about me and how I work:
- I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and have been working with individual, couples and groups since 1997. I have provided mental health services for a wide range of clients in clinics, schools, hospitals, agencies, and private practice.
- I work collaboratively and believe in an active and dynamic therapeutic relationship.
- I work in the here and now yet incorporate one’s past experiences in the development of current perspectives and behaviors.
- I am a Perinatal Specialist and work with mothers and fathers, struggling with postpartum depression or anxiety, traumatic birth experiences and adjustment to parenthood.
- I have extensive experience working with trauma and trauma recovery.
- I work with the whole person, incorporating all the aspects of you and your life experiences into your therapeutic process.